2022 International Pilates Workshop
Junior Carvalho and Gloria Gasperi
May 19th-22nd 2022
Don’t miss out when two Pilates legends and greates talents on the Pilates scene visit Denmark for lots of training and workshop.
Gloria Gasperi travels the world causing storms of entusiasm, talent and professionalism whereever she goes.
Junior Carvalho is a well-known and highly respected teacher in the world of classical Pilates.
He is a very humble and kind person and teacher and he is the to-go-to guy for many of the super advanced exercises in Pilates.
Junior himself prefers to do the basic and well-known exercises in his own everyday Pilates practice. This is to refine his body and tecniques within movement.
Junior is a former fitness-King and has travelled the world years ago with his profession. Today he runs a studio in Rio and give workshops when requested.
We are very happy to get this opertunity to welcome Junior Carvalho at Pilates B for his first visit to Denmark this May and we welcome you to come join us!
Pilates B sets the perfect scene for a warm and healthy learning enviroment for small intimate workshops.
And you give the energy, sweat and attitude for a fun-tastic moving exsperience in Denmark yet again!
Thursday / May 19th
15-19 Privates / duets
17-18 Wunda Chair group Class (4 people) – Junior
- “Join this workout on the Wunda Chair! Junior will guide you through a solid workout on this little piece of wonders to connect you to the center. Max. 4 participants”
18-19 Reformer group Class (4 people) – Gloria
- “A Reformer group session is always a good idea! In this class, the level is up and you should feel comfteable doing the full repertoire to join in. There is 4 participants in this sweaty start to a weekend full of fun and movement!”
Friday / May 20th
09-11 Privates / duets
12-15 “Matwork all levels” – Junior
- “The Matwork is so essential to the work of Pilates and everybody should feel at ease doing this routine on a daily basis. Junior will cover and build up the Matwork sequence according to different levels and technical skills in Pilates.”
15-18 “Reformer is King” – Gloria
- “Nothing more nothing less! We all love it and we know it… and sometimes we hate it right? Gloria will cover the full repertoire on the classical Reformer exercise by exercise. So, if you would like to hear Glorias take on movement and the essence of it all, this is the workshop to join!”
18-19 Matwork Master Class – Junior
Saturday / may 21st
09-12 “Building the Basic Training” – Junior
- “Even thou, there is not many exercises or tricks in the book that Junior cannot do himself, he simply loves the basics! This is the key to understand and improve the needed skills and technique in your body. You will hear Juniors take on how to build the basic training to anybody.”
12-13 “Understanding the Dynamics” – Sara
- “To understand the movements it is important to understand the dynamics of the equipment and the body and most of the exercises makes a completely new sense to the body. Sara is a former Civil Engineer and she will guide you through the basic theory of the more scientific side of the equipment giving you the tools, to make the right and safe decisions when training and teaching Pilates.”
13-14 Lunch and privates
14-17 “Music of Movement” – Gloria
- “Eh?!? What does music and movement have in common? Gloria will let you feel the rhythm and the flow of movement and how to allow it into your body. All of the classical exercises got a rhythm in it self when conducted correctly. Join this workshop and leave with a whole new clarity how to move.”
18:00 Joint dinner
- Please join us for a cozy night out dining together in Lyngby! Remember to sign-up upon registration.
Sunday / May 22nd
09-10 Matwork Master Class – Gloria
- “Waky waky! Rise and shine with the glorious morning Matwork lead by Gloria”
10-13 “Working the System” – Gloria
- “Pilates is so much more than simply a bunch of exercises. It is method consisting of a system of exercises. This systematic approach and creative and intuitive way of teaching movement is really what makes all the difference in Pilates. In this workshop you will discover how it is all connected in a fine web of exercises one leading to another. As all the exercises should be conducted as intended, it becomes more and more clear why, as you understand the system.”
13-14 Lunch and privates
14-17 “Working the Chairs for the body” – High Chair, Wunda Chair and Arm Chair – Junior
- “The Chairs are simply the little wonders of the Pilates method. Each piece of equipment got their own unique place in Pilates and the combination of it all is really what makes Pilates work super effective for you. The Reformer is King, the Cadillac is Queen and the Chairs are just Wonderful. Learn how to connect your body as a unit using the Chairs.”
3 hour workshop: 140 euro / 1.050 dkk
1 hour workshop: 48 euro / 350 dkk
Package of all workshops:
incl. 6 x 3 hrs. workshop + 1 x 1 hrs. workshop
650 euro / 4.875 kr
Privates: 130 euro / 975 dkk
Duets: 70 euro pr. pers / 575 dkk
Matclass: 48 euro / 350 kr
Equipment class: 60 euro / 450 dkk